Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Say it with me: Easy Photography for Newbies

Having a hard time with photography? Tired of shooting in AUTO mode? Tired of watching tons of tutorial videos but still can’t understand what the hell they’re talking about? Sick of getting nosebleeds every time your brain tries to process what you’re reading? Is the only reason why you’re lugging that very expensive, delicate, cumbersome and heavy dslr is to look good? Are you cursing yourself because you wish you spent that ridiculous amount of money on a gaming console or an lcd tv or something that doesn’t require too much brain juice that you don’t need to scratch your head so hard, it bleeds? If your answers to the questions are all “Hell yeah!” of “F*ck Yeah” or “Yes yes, YO!”(By the way, the 90’s called. They want their lingo back.) then you’ve come to the right place. I’m going to teach you everything I know about photography in unconventional manners like explaining focal lengths using a guy picking his nose, etc. You know, highbrow stuff.

So, who am I? Am I a professional photographer who honed his skills through years of dedication and commitment to the craft? Well, no. I’m actually a dentist. And I’m newbie in photography as well. “Wait, whaaat?!” Yes. I am. But I’m a nerd, so technically, I’m better than you. Just the plain fact that I wrote this and you’re reading this reinforces that. I'm kidding! I'm not that arrogant. After all, I don't think there's an actual arrogant nerd in existence. It's genetically impossible. You’re probably thinking: “What the hell am I going to learn from this pompous fool?!” Well photography of course! What you learn in schools and books and stuff are absolute truths like 1+1 = 2. That’s exactly what I’ll teach you. I won’t tell you that 1+1 = 1,521.26. That’s not being nerdy. What differentiates me from other teachers/photographers is my down to earth, simple, funny (for me anyway) and sometimes disgusting ways of explaining things.

This is a learning process for me as well. Please don’t think of me as a dentist or a teacher. Instead, think of me as your classmate. When I learn something new, I’ll post it here. When you have a question, I’ll try my best to answer it. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll Google it and then tell you so you’ll think I know the answer even if I don’t. Hehehe. And also, whenever I get a good picture that’s worth bragging , I’ll tell you how I shot it. (well, I’ll brag the picture first and THEN I’ll tell you how it’s done.) You're free to share what you know too. If I missed out on something, please tell me. I'd love to hear it.

So, if you think I’m worth your while, then please have a seat right next to me, Classmate. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment